Friday, May 13, 2011

Basic Mechanics

I remember when I got my driver's license and my first beater car, my dad showed me how to change a flat tire. I was so pumped that when I actually got my first flat tire, I made the guy friend who was with me stand and watch while I changed it. I felt pretty self-sufficient, I can tell you.

Well it seems my boys will know about changing tires long before their first car. I always wondered how guys seemed to know so much about cars already by the time they were teenagers...well now I know! Richard finally decided it's safe to take off the snow tires on his car, and The Littles were watching with keen interest! Well, Clementine wasn't quite so interested, but she likes to be wherever her brothers are. Moses was very keen and asking Richard lots of questions. I can almost see him storing the information away in his hungry mind, to be pulled out again when some situation arises that requires his knowledge.

I'm so glad I have a husband around who welcomes his boys (and girls) into the garage while he's working, in order to teach them the things they need to know.

These are lug nuts, boys.

Holding tools

Moses took this job very seriously



Wow, Papa is strong!

It's very important, boys, that you DON'T LOSE THESE!

1 comment:

tiffany said...

I've loved seeing the gender differences since Jude came along---in comparison to Jeneva. He grunts and growls and shoots things. And then there's the interest in trucks and diggers and the like. Instinctive for sure and evidences God's good design in creating boys and girls so differently. Beautiful! This was a fun post. I smiled the whole way through. "These are lug nuts boys" Love it. :)