Wednesday, January 23, 2008

International Day


Every year our homeschool co-op has an International Day, in which each family researches a country and gives a report to the group. Afterwards we have an international potluck where everyone brings a dish from their country. It's been a fun and very interesting tradition. Grace has presented on Spain and Ireland, and this year she gave her report on Guatemala. My parents had taken a trip there and brought back some cool artifacts, so Grace's interest was peaked and she readily researched all she could. She did a great presentation and looked adorable in her Guatemalan outfit.

Explaining the meaning of the Guatemalan flag's coat-of-arms.


Afterwards she said, "Mama, have you ever put a whole bunch of time and work into something and then afterwards you feel like it's just over so fast? I mean, I did hours of work and then my report was just like five minutes." I said, "Yeah, Grace, I know the feeling."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to post to let you know that I've been wondering how you're doing. I commented a few posts back and we are due right around the same time. I'm due tomorrow, I hope all is going well and that you are managing to get some rest before this very tiring time. Blessings to you and your family!